Saturday 4 August 2012

Sheiko Day 2

Sheiko Week 1 Day 2




Todays workout went well on the whole, I hit all my numbers etc. However, at the end of the workout I tripped over and in trying to avoid the gym felt a ripping sensation in my lower back :(
I have applied plenty of heat to the area / taken lots of Omega 3's and foam rolled the hell out of my back in general. The area is very warm and definitely tight BUT I do have full Range of Motion and since I did this yesterday it is feeling quite a bit better.

 I will not be squatting tomorrow for my Day 3 but I will do the rest of the workout and instead will substitute squats for Leg Press (I know not the perfect cross over but I can't think of another exercise that takes out the lower back) and will see where I am next week. I don't think its serious but I am in this sport for the long haul and don't want to do any lasting damage to myself.

In other news my course revision is going very well and I am learning a lot of things that are very useful for Powerlifting such as Motor Unit Recruitment and how the Nervous system actually works.






Protein Powder Reviews

Dymatize Elite XT Vanilla 

Honestly the other Dymatize Elite XT's have been my staple for a long time but was kinda disappointed with this. Although it is still nice its kinda meh and not as good as Optimum Nutrition's Vanilla Casein. I think that it is just not as strong a flavour so in proats you need to add more of it than other powders to get the vanilla flavour.

Gaspari Nutriotion Myofusion Cinnamon Roll 

In a word $$$$ this stuff is awesome, it has a great cinnamon smell / thick texture in proats / good mixability. This is certainly gonna be a staple of mine for the future HOWEVER I should point out that it is a bit more expensive than Dymatize (after calc'ing tub weight difference £6-7ish).

I would say that Dymatize's Banana Nut is still my favourite flavour but the Cinnamon Roll is a close 2nd.







Weight – 167.4lbs  =  I feel an increase in Kcals coming on :)





No comments:

Post a Comment