Saturday 6 October 2012

Micro 1 Meso 1 Day 1 Bench Focus


micro 1 Meso 1 day 1


db press
34KG 5/5/6/6

dips
BW+10KG  2x10

push-ups 
BW 4x20

pull-ups
BW - 10/10/9/9 +2Reps 

db row
32KG 4x9 +1Set

preacher curl
30KG 2x8

preacher curl
10KG 2x8


notes
Great workout in the books, wanted 34KG 4x5 but felt a bit easy so added a rep on the last 2 sets (Next week going for 38KG 4x3 PR) but still felt very smooth. I have added in Push-Ups as I want to add some functional movement into my chest routine as currently I don't really feel there is any, when I can do 4x25 I will add some weight to it / maybe do them suspended.

I have decreased volume on chest work because for the last month I have had pec issues and one of the things that I realised looking back at old workouts was I have added way more volume + sets to failure. When comparing to other peoples bench work (who Press more or similar to me) their volume is much lower on the whole.....


Tomorrow = Squats (want 120KG 1x3)




Today's Macros - 475c/85f/200p

I am going to make a longer post either later tonight/tomorrow about some of my thoughts regarding strength training and what people who aren't interested in powerlifting can do to incorporate it into their regime.


No comments:

Post a Comment