Tuesday 17 July 2012

Current Reading + Thoughts

Current Reading


Supereating a revolutionary way to get more from your foods

Super Eating

This book goes into great detail of all the different types of vitamins and minerals humans need and the exact foods that contain them.
It goes into detail as to what negatively affects these vitamins and minerals in your body such as IBS or excessive caffeine consumption and how to counter this.

Obviousy my daily intake of pop tarts and ice cream isn't exactly what the book touches on but I make sure to get in 90% of my Kcals from micronutrient dense foods and was curious as to which fruits and veg offered the best bang for their buck.

From my point of view it seems I need to increase my:
Potassium/Manganese/Magnesium/Vitamin B2+C intake as these are affected by strenuous exercise

After reading this I will try to include more spinach and eggs in my diet

Mike Boyle's Advances in Functional Training


Recommended by one of my favourite S&C Professionals (the witty + informative www.tonygentilcore.com) and although I am not going to follow all of the advice the info on injury prevention and how to keep your body in A+ condition despite hard training is golden.

Recommendations such as getting rid of the back squat in favour of single leg work and front squats is not going to happen. BUT I will try to incorporate single leg work into my workouts instead of things such as the Leg Press.

Any person who trains for strength and wants to be in the game for the long haul could do a lot worse than reading this. At the end of the day no matter how strong/fast/explosive/dynamic your team is if they are all injured because of training they are no use to anyone!


Thoughts


I will be going away at the end of the week on holiday and will be unable to train (no weights/squat rack) until the 30th July. I will also be unable to track Kclas or Macros so will be winging it. Firstly I will still train out in France as I know I can run and do bodyweight stuff and then will just improvise e.g pull ups on climbing frames etc. Secondly I will not go to crazy on the food and binge.
HOWEVER - I have not had a deload workout in appr 6 months and have been relatively precise with my eating for the past year so am going to enjoy myself and have balance on holiday which means eating and drinking a bit too much :)

IMPORTANT NEWS!!!!

I have booked my beginner personal trainer course for September and my 1st Strength and Conditioning workshop for November - my thoughts are that I will do this part time intro to PT'ing and then see about doing the advanced course. I do not want to become a PT but would like to work in the S&C field so I figure I will likely need it and really it can only benefit me in the long run as I am not sure what I would like to do.


Weight 168.4lbs 


Any questions plz email @ JimmysStrengthJourney@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment