Friday 6 July 2012

DE Upper + Inzer / Adipower Reviews




Weight 167.2lbs

DE Upper

Speed Bench

52.5KG 8x3

Weighted Dips

12KG 4x10

Seated DB Military Press

26KG 3x8

Chin - Ups

BW 11/10/8+1/8+3 - Rep PR

8+1 = 8 standard reps followed by a 5 second pause then trying again

Preacher Curl

25KG 4x12

B+ Workout
Was happy with the weighted dips and military press however I wanted more from the Chin-Ups. I am incredibly strict with my chin up form 

Watch this vid for Chin Up form - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T78xCiw_R6g

There are some exercises where I will cheat on form in order to increase the amount of weight I can use E.g DB/BB Rows but on the whole I try to watch form to minimize the chances of injuries.

Inzer Forever 6mm Belt

 



I really cannot talk highly enough of this belt, once you have screwed in the lever to meet your waist requirements you are good to go. The belt does require breaking in and will be uncomfortable for the first few times you use it as it adjusts to your hip/rib shape.

I only use the belt on my Max Effort work and only really put it on when I am around at least 80% of my 1RM (1 Rep Max). I find it works best if before you lift you take in a big gulp of air and then force your abdomen out against it.

Adidas Adipower Weightlifting Shoes



Although the colour may not be to everyones liking overall these shoes have given me a lot more confidence in my squatting ability and my numbers have continued to go up

http://www.maloneyperformance.com/Blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Forward-lean-in-squats.jpg

These are the different styles of squatting available to people, currently I use the High Bar position although I am trying to change over to Low Bar as this position allows you to move the maximum weight possible due to the leverage of the position. For more info on squatting stances / bar position have a look here - http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/7_squat_tips_from_coach_nick 

Regarding the shoes I would recommend going smaller than you would for trainers, mine are very tight (can only wear very thin socks) and I feel incredibly stable and secure in them because of this. The last thing you want when going for a max effort attempt is your feet moving around in your shoes.

Tune of the Moment

Deaf Havana - Smiles All Round = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyRRJz4P7ZE

 

Tomorrow = Max Effort Upper Workout

PS - came across this in David Kessler's book and think this is practically criminal of the Food Companies:


Have a good day all

Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment