Monday 30 July 2012

Speeeeedy Workout

Geeeeez I am tired! Got back home from the airport tonight  at 8.30 (Typical - plane was delayed over an hour) and drove straight to the gym, had 50 minutes before it closed :)


Weight 167.2lbs - Macros 80F/440C/210P


DE Upper


Speed DB Bench

20KG 8x3

DB Floor Press

28KG 4x7

Weighted Chin Ups

BW +14KG 5x5 - Weight PR

Military Press

45KG 3x6

DB Rows

30KG 3x10

BB Curls

25KG 3x10

Farmers Walks


I DID - 30KG DB's 75M - 4x












Cross Trainer Intervals

30s ON / 45s OFF - 10x

I have started to do Interval training again after reading Mike Boyle's book whereby he explains that in terms of conditioning / metabolic / muscular benefits HIIT wins hands down over steady state cardio + walking on an incline is boring! The reason I stopped doing it was because I was to sore for workouts, but now with extra Kcals am thinking this shouldn't be an issue.


I stopped drinking for the last few days of my holiday to get rid of any alcohol bloat and am now focused solely on growing. 

Weight - I feel that because I used to weigh 18+ stone I have found the last few months mentally difficult as although I know I need to put on mass in order to get stronger I spend far to much time worrying about putting on excess body fat which is incredibly counter productive. At the end of the day in order to reach the numbers I want to hit in the gym (for myself but also in terms of a future career in S&C I need a respectable level of strength to be taken seriously) I am going to have to go up to at least 185-190lbs and yes some of that will be fat but I just need to deal with it.
Although walking around in everyday life I may look like I lift compared to others I am reminded every time I step in the gym just how much stronger I can be if I want...




Inspiration







Below are some websites I recommend following: 


tonygentilcore.com - My favourite S&C writer / mixes humour with knowledge

http://www.liftbigeatbig.com/ - Need I say more  

http://www.t-nation.com/ - Amazing set of authors on the roster

http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/ - Unreal knowledge regarding powerlifting & bodybuilding

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/ - NOT the main BB website but the FORUM!!!!!



Music


Kontraband - Fame


No comments:

Post a Comment